City of Lenoir City



Do I need a burn permit and what can I burn?

Burn permits are required year-round inside the city limits of Lenoir City. Permits are issued on a daily basis and can be acquired by contacting one of our stations or by filling out the contact form on the Burn Permit page.

Recreational fires are allowed without burn permits. In ground fire rings, portable fire pits/bowls or any small burn area with some type of outside edge containment are all considered recreational fire pits. Large piles of brush and natural growth debris will require a permit to burn. The brush and debris must be from within the property in which it is being burned and you must reside on said property.

Trash, construction material, furniture, tires, plastics, etc. are examples of materials that are not to be burned. Doing so could result in a citation and/or fines.

Fires are not to be left unattended or left burning overnight. If there are multiple complaints about a fire, you may be asked to extinguish the fire.

Can a fire engine make an appearance at my event?

Yes. We do public relations events often. Fill out the Contact Us form or call one of the stations for scheduling.

Do you install smoke detectors?

Yes. “Get Alarmed, TN!” is a grant-funded fire safety education and smoke alarm installation program administered by the State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO). Launched in November 2012, the program distributes fire safety education and 10-year sealed battery smoke alarms to participating fire departments. The fire departments then deliver the education and install smoke alarms in at-risk homes across the state. Request a free smoke alarm by calling us or by completing the contact form.

How do I obtain a fire or accident report?

If you or your property were involved in an accident or a fire, you can obtain a report from either station. There is no charge for the initial copy of the report. There is a $25 fee that will need to be paid to the finance office at City Hall for any additional copies.

Can I bring my kids or a group to the station to see the fire trucks?

Yes. We often have visitors at the stations. If you would like to bring your children or a group to tour the fire station, please feel free to stop by any time or contact us to schedule a visit.

What is the ISO rating for Lenoir City?

The ISO (Insurance Services Office) rating for our coverage area is Class 2. An ISO fire rating is a score provided to fire departments and insurance companies by the Insurance Services Office (ISO). The score reflects how prepared a community and area is for fires. While it mainly focuses on the local fire departments and water supply, there are other factors that contribute to an area’s score.

What is a Knox Box and does my business need one?

A “Knox Box” is essentially a secure key box that is installed outside a business, residence or gate that holds keys to your property. ONLY emergency services can access the key box. By installing a Knox Box, we are able to access your property in the event of an emergency without having to damage doors or windows to make entry. Knox boxes in our response area are specific to our department and cannot be accessed by any other agencies. All businesses in Lenoir City are required to have a Knox Box on the exterior and any businesses with elevators are required to have a Knox Box for the elevator as well For more information, please visit the Knox website at or contact us!

If you wish to send the Fire Department a message directly, please complete the form below

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.