The City’s Finance Department is responsible for all permits within the City Limits of Lenoir City. To obtain a Beer Permit, one must follow the process outlined below:
- Obtain an application from the Finance Department or click here to print.
- Apply for building and/or sign permits needed through the Building Codes Office.
- Apply for a business license with the City of Lenoir City Finance Department AND Loudon County at the Loudon County Clerks Office .
- Apply for Tennessee Sales Tax with the TN Department of Revenue.
- Pay $250 non-refundable fee. Pay Online or stop by City Hall.
- The applicant shall submit a survey from a registered land surveyor certifying that the building or site where beer is to be sold does not violate the distance requirements set forth in Section 8-211 of the Lenoir City Beer Ordinance.
- Background investigation conducted by the Lenoir City Police Department.
- Building inspection completed of premises. Contact the Building Inspector.
- Representative or applicant present at meeting.
When the State of Tennessee approves your business to obtain a Liquor License, you will then have to pay Lenoir City a primary fee. In addition, there will be a required annual Liquor License renewal fee, based on the seating in the restaurant.